Important notice: I changed Dressful's URL to http://www.dressful.com (with www). Please update your bookmarks. If I'm on your blogroll, I'd appreciate if you updated the link too. Thank you!
1. If you're in town during fashion week, you won't escape fashion week. Bumping into masses of people coming from shows is practically unavoidable no matter where you are. I promise this will happen to you even if you're not interested in fashion week and try to stay away from it as much as possible.
2. Some people dress eccentrically and hang around the shows to get noticed (without actually going to shows). It makes for a pretty awkward situation when they look at you and your camera because they want you to take their photo and it's so obvious. The Sartorialist and Jak & Jil phenomenon gone bizarre, I guess.
3. Every part of your body will feel the consequences of bringing heavy photo equipment to shows. This is why nobody ever does it (except me). By the way, my left shoulder is still bruised.
4. Taking a taxi is not the quickest way to get from one show to another. It might actually be the slowest. This is because the VIPs are taking taxis/chauffeured cars and they're all going in the same direction - the next show. The streets clog up in a matter of seconds. Taking the metro seems to be the best option in Milan (especially because Milan traffic is insane even without jams - it's best to skip it altogether).
Me outside the Emporio Armani Fall/Winter 2011/2012 show
We have the winner of Dressful's first giveaway! True Random Number Generator chose comment no. 34 by Katarina Mandarina. Katarina, congratulations and I hope you'll love the book. :)
I read all the comments you guys and girls left for this giveaway and it made me very happy to see that so many of you were interested in the book. I'd never hosted a giveaway before, so I had no idea what kind of response I was going to get. I can now say that your participation far exceeded my expectations. Thank you!
Your next chance to win something magnificent on Dressful will be in November. I have to keep the prize secret for obvious reasons until the giveaway is announced, but I can tell you that it'll keep you warm in winter. My plan is to host a giveaway every other month, so if you like them, keep checking back!
Lastly, reading your comments I noticed that a lot of you said you have been my readers for quite a while (following me here from my old blog), but we haven't been in touch before at all. I'd love to hear from you more often! Leave comments, drop me a message on Facebook or Twitter or email me. Interacting with you is very important to me, so don't be shy to say hi. :)
To everyone who participated in the giveaway, thank you again for your time and interest. It means the world!
Dear friends, I'm super excited to announce Dressful's first giveaway:
In celebration of Dressful's first month and bright future I'll be giving away a copy of The Sartorialist by Scott Schuman to one lucky reader. With 512 pages of Schuman's best portraits of stylish people from all over the world, you're bound to find something delightful to your eyes and mind every time you open it. If you follow fashion blogs, chances are The Sartorialist is among your daily reads; this book is a stunning selection of photos from the blog and Schuman's GQ page, many of which are accompanied with comments and little stories written especially for the book, giving insight into Schuman's approach to photography, fashion and his subjects.
"Everybody loves being photographed by Scott Schuman. If he spots you in the crowd, whether in New York or Paris or Milan, it's a kind of validation. And everybody likes to see who he has photographed for The Sartorialist, because it's proof of his critical eye." ? Cathy Horyn, The New York Times
Giveaway is open worldwide and ends on midnight September 29 (Slovenia time).
How to enter:
Leave a comment on this post.
Want to increase your chance to win? Get bonus entries by doing the following:
- Become a fan of Dressful on Facebook
- Follow me on Twitter
- Subscribe to Dressful via RSS or via email
- Share this giveaway on Facebook (you can use the button at the bottom of this post)
- Tweet about this giveaway (you can use the button at the bottom of this post)
- Blog about this giveaway
- Promote Dressful in another way (please specify in the comment)
You can use as many bonus entries as you want. Please leave a separate comment for each bonus entry you use, otherwise they won't count. If you already do any of the above, also let me know in separate comments.
Choosing the winner:
I'm going to choose the winner via random.org's True Random Number Generator. Please use your real email address when you submit the comment(s) so that I'll be able to contact you if you win. The winner will be announced in a new post on September 30.
May the force luck be with you and thank you for participating! :)