Why is it that looking at old fashion photos and editorials often tangles my stomach in knots I never know from my issues of Vogue? I don't believe fashion and art were "better" then than now, "different" might be a better word to describe it, at least in the way they convey ideas and emotions - more subtly, less in your face. Fierce runway walk versus dreamy eyes gazing into the distance. Not only fashion and art, so few people still dream these days ...
Dreamy Valentino Couture Spring/Summer 1967
April 28, 2011
Hi! My name is Eva Domijan, I'm a freelance fashion journalist and blogger based in London, UK.
Dressful is a collection of beautiful fashion, impressions and emotions. Want a piece of this corner of the universe? Please contact me for writing and editorial inquiries.
- Portrait: Dagmar Kestner, fashion artist May 15, 2013
- Outfit post: Islington May 9, 2013
- Book review: 'Paris Sketchbook' April 22, 2013
- New York, London, Athens March 16, 2013
- Do you like attending fashion events? February 28, 2013
- Costume De Rigueur: She creates amazing pieces...I fell in love.. C...
- Kaja Rot: Good taste takes time, luckily you have plenty of ...
- Eva: Thanks :)...
- Eva: Hvala!...
- Katja Golob Santic: Zelo šik!...
Best of Dressful
Report from the Maison Martin Margiela retrospective exhibition.
A fabulous fashion week tale: Yohji Yamamoto's A/W 2012 show in Paris.
Visiting Stephen Jones' millinery salon in Covent Garden, London.
Exhibition of haute couture dresses worn by Russian expat aristocracy in the 1920s, staged in a lavish Venetian palace.
Review of the 'Valentino: Master of Couture' exhibition in London.