A year ago, Mathieu Mirano's Chinese dragon-inspired Autumn/Winter 2012 collection was one of my New York Fashion Week highlights. For Spring/Summer 2013, Mirano has released a collection and an accompanying video, Evolution, based on the idea of a scientist experimenting on the remains of ancient reptilians and getting so immersed in her study that she transforms into a creature herself. Watch the video on Mathieu Mirano's Facebook page.
Mathieu Mirano Spring 2013 video: 'Evolution'
January 20, 2013
Hi! My name is Eva Domijan, I'm a freelance fashion journalist and blogger based in London, UK.
Dressful is a collection of beautiful fashion, impressions and emotions. Want a piece of this corner of the universe? Please contact me for writing and editorial inquiries.
- Portrait: Dagmar Kestner, fashion artist May 15, 2013
- Outfit post: Islington May 9, 2013
- Book review: 'Paris Sketchbook' April 22, 2013
- New York, London, Athens March 16, 2013
- Do you like attending fashion events? February 28, 2013
- Costume De Rigueur: She creates amazing pieces...I fell in love.. C...
- Kaja Rot: Good taste takes time, luckily you have plenty of ...
- Eva: Thanks :)...
- Eva: Hvala!...
- Katja Golob Santic: Zelo šik!...
Best of Dressful
Report from the Maison Martin Margiela retrospective exhibition.
A fabulous fashion week tale: Yohji Yamamoto's A/W 2012 show in Paris.
Visiting Stephen Jones' millinery salon in Covent Garden, London.
Exhibition of haute couture dresses worn by Russian expat aristocracy in the 1920s, staged in a lavish Venetian palace.
Review of the 'Valentino: Master of Couture' exhibition in London.