Scroll down to the bottom of this post to enter the giveaway.
Published this year, 100 New Fashion Designers by Hywel Davies introduces 100 of today's most innovative emerging fashion designers (mostly London-based) on 385 beautifully designed pages. Each designer is represented with a biography, overview of their label, and interviews in which they discuss their design philosophy and aesthetic. The book includes 900 photos and sketches. It's comprehensive, dedicating enough space to the visuals and giving all the facts necessary to understand the fundamentals of the featured designers and their work.
Reading 100 New Fashion Designers, I discovered several talented designers I hadn't known before. I'll keep my eye on them in the upcoming seasons; fashion today changes more rapidly than ever, and these designers are its future.
You should read it if …
You want to be ahead of the fashion crowd in five years when everyone else will want to know about these designers too.
About the author
From the publisher's website: Hywel Davies has lectured at Central Saint Martins, London College of Fashion and the Royal College of Art. Previously fashion editor at Sleazenation, he has also written for Arena, Jack, Vogue, ELLE, Wallpaper*, The Sunday Telegraph, Nylon, Dazed & Confused, Loaded Fashion and Time Out. He is also a consultant for numerous brands, including Levi's, Braun, and Orange.
Jean-Pierre Braganza, Meadham Kirchhoff, Ashish, Alena Akhmadullina, Bora Aksu, Erdem, and 95 others.
In collaboration with Laurence King Publishing I'm giving away a copy of 100 New Fashion Designers to one lucky reader.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Like Dressful on Facebook here
- Like Laurence King Publishing on Facebook here
- Leave a comment on this post (please use your real email address so I can contact you if you win). IMPORTANT: If you don't leave a comment here, your entry will not count.
- The giveaway ends on December 5, 2012 at noon (London time).
- I'm going to choose the winner using random.org.
- I'll contact the winner via email.
- If you win, please email me your postal address in 48 hours. If I don't receive your address in 48 hours, another winner will be drawn.
- The giveaway is open worldwide.
Good luck and thank you for participating!