Yesterday I attended the Anndra Neen (by sisters Phoebe and Annette Stephens) Fall 2012 presentation at Milk Studios. The hand-forged silver and gold pieces were displayed on handcrafted paper landscapes of boulders, coral, trees and seashells, created by Matthew Sporzynski. The presentation was titled "When the Mistress is Out"; the little black paper figures you see in the photos act as the guardians who protect the Mistress's treasures when she's not home. I love that the pieces are unabashedly bold, the kind that makes you stand out in a room full of people, no matter how Stylish and Important they are. An instant confidence booster.
Anndra Neen Fall 2012 presentation
February 12, 2012
- Review: Isabella Blow: Fashion Galore! exhibition December 5, 2013
- System magazine: Rei Kawakubo’s theatre of the absurd November 19, 2013
- Chloé fashion shower August 1, 2013
- Do you like fashion books? June 25, 2013
- On Angela Ahrendts, fashion and feminism June 10, 2013
- Rebekah: This is the best article I've come across concerni...
- Cheyenne: I was going through a few of the popular fashion b...
- Materialistic Mayhem | Bravogue: [...] time I feel ashamed. I blame it on fashion b...
- Eva: Hi Terry, thank you for this lovely comment. I'd b...
- Terry T: Eva, merci for this article. I've always been an o...
Best of Dressful
Report from the Maison Martin Margiela retrospective exhibition.
A fabulous fashion week tale: Yohji Yamamoto's A/W 2012 show in Paris.
Visiting Stephen Jones' millinery salon in Covent Garden, London.
Exhibition of haute couture dresses worn by Russian expat aristocracy in the 1920s, staged in a lavish Venetian palace.
Review of the 'Valentino: Master of Couture' exhibition in London.